Encrypted DWDM is a solution targeted on companies which particularly should keep the transmitted data secure (e.g. financial and insurance industry, administration).
Why encrypted DWDM?
- Fully secures the data transmission link in the optical layer
- Protects any unencrypted information
- Introduces full security without delay in transmission
- Protects against side-channel attacks
- Simple implementation – no modification of the client’s devices needed
It may seem that tapping into fibre links is difficult to do, yet for dozens of dollars you can buy a device that allows you to capture the transmitted content. For most companies data leakage may have deplorable consequences, both financial and image ones.
It becomes essential to protect data already in the lowest layers, which may be objects of cyber criminals’ attacks. Security of physical layer transmission is based on encryption cards supplied by ECI Telecom.