What is it?
A data warehouse that you will use as:
- A file repository with shared access of many people or servers
- Large data archive
- A way to quickly share resources
- Space for static files that offload your main file system
How does it work?
At the Atman WAW-1 campus, in many rack servers with disk work that create the object storage system. This platform – over the Internet – provides you with a space with which you can connect via the S3 or Swift protocol.
- STEP 1 / You receive from Atman two strings that are used for authentication: SECRET KEY and ACCESS KEY
- STEP 2 /You choose your favorite tool that supports the S3 protocol and configure it
- STEP 3 /You fill the space with your data
What you need to do?
- from Atman / Agree the size of the space with Atman
- from Atman / Receive credentials and user manual from Atman
- on your end / Decide for yourself which tool you will use – there are many free, commercial and open-source programs on the market
- on your end / Prepare the tool and start using the space
Object Storage and other ways of data storage:
|File Storage||Block Storage||Object Storage|
|Amount of data||lower||large||large|
|Data location||LAN||beyond LAN||beyond LAN|
|Scalability of space||limited||unlimited||unlimited|
|Application||files on private computers||extensive databases, business applications, virtual machines||static data repositories, photos and videos, archives|